Thursday, August 21, 2008

Learning to use a lightbox


Last Saturday DD#1, Amy, and I spent about 8 hours photographing, choosing just the perfect photo, and doing the color front page for the model for "My Heart's Garden". Whew. We learned alot, and I think we are going to work on photographing it again this coming Saturday. We finally got the setting the way we liked, but the lighting was just not perfect. I want to try it again.



I made a very homemade, what supplies I had on hand, type of lightbox. I used a see through plastic container instead of mounting white paper on a cardboard box, and I am pleased how it left no shadows. But I used two regular lightbulbs along with my natural daylight Dazor, and tried every setting on the camera. I think I will try it with the Dazor and two flourescent lights and see what kind of effects we get. This has sure been a learning experience. The next go-round should not take quite so long!

1 comment:

Deb said...

My DH has been having this lighting and photography issue with trying to photo. my jewelry, Connie. He's trying everything! I think he's finally using panels of side lights, overhead lighting, and a white ground. Then, I place my necklaces on different colored silk. It's a hassle.... I hope you find a better solution for your things.
Deb